The Manual for Railway Engineering (MRE) is an annual publication released every April. The Manual consists of more than 4000 pages of railway engineering reference material, the recommended practices for the industry. It contains principles, data, specifications, plans and economics pertaining to the engineering, design and construction of the fixed plant of railways (except signals and communications), and allied services and facilities. The material is developed by AREMA technical committees and is published as a guide to railways in establishing their individual policies and practices relative to the subjects, activities and facilities covered in the Manual, with the aim of assisting them to engineer and construct a railway plant which will have inherent qualities of safe and economical operation as well as low maintenance cost. Chapters are grouped into four general categories, each in a separate volume: Track * Structures * Infrastructure and Passenger * Systems Management.
– Ch. 4 – Rail
– Ch. 5 – Track
– Ch. 30 – Ties
– Ch. 8 – Concrete Structures & Foundations
– Ch. 9 – Seismic Design for Railway Structures
– Ch. 15 – Steel Structures
– Ch. 6 – Buildings & Support Facilities
– Ch. 11 – Commuter and Intercity Rail Systems
– Ch. 12 – Rail Transit
– Ch. 14 – Yards and Terminals
– Ch. 17 – High Speed Rail Systems
– Ch. 18 – Light Density and Short Line Railways
– Ch. 27 – Maintenance-of-Way Work Equipment
– Ch. 33 – Electrical Energy Utilization
– Ch. 2 – Track Measuring Systems
– Ch. 13 – Environmental
– Ch. 16 – Economics of Railway Engineering and Operations
– Ch. 28 – Clearances
– AAR Scale Handbook
If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
If you would like to request an invoice, please send us an email message.
We’re always ready to help you out.
Caso necessite de qualquer assistência extra, por favor não hesite em nos contactar, com suas dúvidas ou preocupações.
Caso deseje um orçamento, por favor envie-nos uma mensagem por e-mail.
Estamos sempre prontos a ajudá-los.