The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2012 is the leading collection of standards for UK medicinal products and pharmaceutical substances. Produced by the British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, the BP makes an important contribution to public health by setting publicly available standards for the quality of medicines.
Now used in over 100 countries, the BP remains an essential reference for all individuals and organisations working within pharmaceutical research and development, manufacture and testing across the globe.
The print edition of the BP 2012 comprises five volumes of the British Pharmacopoeia 2012 and a single volume of the British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary) 2012.
The British Pharmacopoeia 2012 package includes:
– Six volume printed edition
– Single-user licence to the CD-ROM
– Single-user licence to the online version
The BP 2012 online includes free in-year updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia. These updates will be published online as follows:
– January 2012
– April 2012
– July 2012
Clearly laid out sections include monographs which set out the mandatory standards for active substances, excipients, formulated preparations, blood-related products, immunological products, radiopharmaceutical preparations, surgical materials, herbal and complementary medicines, together with supporting General Notices, test methods, infrared spectra and supplementary information.
European Pharmacopoeia monographs are clearly distinguished and cross-referenced, while a full index ensures easy access to the current legally binding UK standards.
You will receive an ID code for the BP 2012 online with your printed copy. Once you have registered using this code you will be granted a single-user licence to access the BP online. You also have the option to receive the CD-ROM which contains the full content of the BP 2012.
Access the BP across your organisation
For organisations with several employees that need simultaneous access to the vital content contained in the BP 2012, a concurrent licence is the most efficient solution. Networking information throughout your organisation in this way provides maximum access through any workstation, with considerable savings over purchasing multiple subscriptions.
– Legally effective in the UK from 1 January 2012
– A six volume printed set, including a single volume of the BP (Veterinary) 2012, together with a fully searchable CD-ROM and online access to provide you with a flexible resource
– 35 new BP monographs for formulated preparations
– Additional standards for widely used unlicensed medicines
– European Pharmacopoeia 7th edition material up to and including Supplement 7.2
– Three free in-year updates for the BP online to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia.