Erik Oberg, Franklin D Jones, Henry H Ryffel, Christopher J McCauley, Ricardo M Heald, Muhammed I Hussain
Published: February, 2008
Get ready, get set…and take advantage of ready access to hundreds of critical math equations from the premier reference in its field with a click of your mouse! Machinery’s Handbook 28th Edition CD-ROM provides what many of you have been asking for…INTERACTIVE MATH. With a simple Internet connection you’ll be able to instantly calculate cutting speeds, dimensions of bevels, moments of inertia, the measurement of various screw threads, the center of gravity for any shape, hardness of material, volumes, taper angles, matrices, and much, much more.
In addition, the new 28th Edition CD continues to combine the complete contents of the Handbook with the power, versatility, and convenience of Adobe PDF. These compact files can be viewed, navigated, and printed exactly as they appear by anyone with Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is included free on this disk. Now more than ever the CD, combined with the print edition, is the most powerful tool you’ll need to easily and effectively perform your job!
Minimum Requirements: 486PC processor or higher; Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP; 10MB RAM for Windows 95/98, 16MB RAM for Windows NT; 10MB available HD space, CD-ROM drive, VGA or higher resolution color monitor, Windows-compatible printer, and an internet connection.
– Features complete text searches to locate information quickly and easily.
– Includes interlinks to connect to related topics and examples, including a live index.
– Prints correctly on virtually any printing device.
– Displays text and graphics exactly as created.
– Contains zoom features for detailed viewing.
– Provides cut and paste capabilities for inserting text and graphics into other documents and programs.
Table of Contents
– Mechanics and Strength of Materials
– Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
– Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
– Tooling and Toolmaking
– Machining Operations
– Manufacturing Processes
– Threads and Threading
– Gears, Splines, and Cams
– Machine Elements
– Measuring Units
– Index of Standards
– Index of Interactive Equations
– Index of Materials